The 7th grade Valentine’s Day Dance

7th+grader+enjoying+the+Valentine+dance+

Dada Mukama

7th grader enjoying the Valentine dance

Dada Mukama and Kaylee A. Beltran

February 14th as we all know it, it’s the day when people show their affection for another person or people by sending cards, flowers or chocolates with messages of love. The name Valentine comes from a famous saint who was a patron saint for lovers, epileptics, and beekeepers. By some accounts, St.Valentine was also a Roman priest and physician according to Encyclopedia Britannica. Valentine’s day is also called Saint Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine.

“The dance was used to raise money for the 7th-grade PRIDE rewards throughout the year so that’s why it was geared for the 7th-grades,” Said Mr.Lyne.

Although the dance was only for 7th graders every grade has its own reward from time to time. The dance was planned out by Mr.lyne a 7th-grade science teacher and

Mrs. Jackson a 7th-grade math teacher and other 7th grade teachers. Mr.otto used the dance as a reward for the students and a fundraiser by selling snacks for the end of the year field trip.  

Another purpose was for the students to connect with each other by dancing, singing and hanging out with their friends. There was also a convention stand that had all different types of candy, snacks, and drinks that students could buy. By doing this it helped raise money for the student’s field trips.

“ it’s nice that the teachers are trying to raise money for the students and also that we got a chance to hang out with our friends at the dance,” said Rachael smith.  

Doing this helps the 7th-graders with the field trips they have throughout the year but only if the students behave and do their work.